AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 12:41:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  General Vampirism Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Vampire Declarations: Samples & Comments 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Vampire Declarations: Samples & Comments  (Read 32118 times)
Dantess
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »

When I say higher scale I'm not saying better, but due to our being we would understand a little more, or you would think we ? I'm open to allot of things, I had this in my head so I figured I'd type it here. I am not really in to crowds personally if I had the options I'd live in the middle of the woods and only come to town for food, but as of right now we are low on funds. I do understand where you are coming from though.

I Live for Love.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2010, 10:58:33 AM »

While I think that some of the issues and experiences vamps go through, a certain sensitivity may be garnered through exposure, but there are plenty of sensitives who are not vamps, and conversely, there are many sleeper vamps, who do what they do without conscious thought.. they simply ignore it.

I see what you are going for here, and on a personal level they may certainly apply, but your scope may be  a little narrow trying to apply it to the vamp population at large.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
Dantess
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 01:30:27 AM »

Yes, that most likely is true but I like everyones out take on topics, everything we all do is poetry, there is always a message, we just need to know how to read.

I Live for Love.
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2010, 11:43:30 AM »

4).  Higher scale?  Ok.. this I have contention with.  Higher than what, on whos scale.  I have said it many many times.. vampirism is not a subsitute for self esteeme.  If anything, the presence of a damaged or malformed energy system could lend to the theory that in fact vamps are lesser.  Higher starts to imply seperation and eletism, both of which are folly.  I think you would need to explain that one more.

Lol I made a youtube video about me being a Maenad and got this reply

ur a fucking maenad but u cant turn any one into a minion so how thee fuck r u a maenad

It's like knowing the stigma especially in the US attached to any form of needing something with alcohol in it is something you'd willingly pick.

This was my reply to them.
I'm a Maenad because of my biology, you can't turn someone into your biology. That doesn't make sense. I'm not like the Maenad on True Blood that is fiction, and it's frightening if you don't know the difference.

Also I think that some people just have different biology that makes them need something that other people don't need in order to stay healthy. The title really is just there to add context to it. Smiley I hope that makes sense.

In vino veritas. Vero est vita.... In the process.
Dantess
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2010, 08:20:19 PM »

I like that response, and It makes perfect sense. Smiley

I Live for Love.
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2010, 03:23:30 AM »

I like that response, and It makes perfect sense. Smiley

Glade I could help. No one here claims to be a vampire in the tv/movie sense of the word (immortal, needing to kill people, glitter skin XD lol), and if they did I'd really be worried about their mental state.

Dantess
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 11:43:33 PM »

Some people sparkle, but their not vampires lol.

I Live for Love.
hexmoon3
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2010, 01:11:12 PM »

DarkeGarde, I am not just basing all I have said off of myself. Vamps are human to and as being a human we need to follow a human code. What you are doing is attacking people. It is the same as if you were to run up to someone and smack them over the head with a blunt object and leave them groggy and disoriented for the rest of the day. I personally cannot survive of of ambient energy alone, and I do get sick allot by not randomly just taking it off of people, but at least I know that I won't accidentally cause someone with internal problems who needs all of the energy they have just to survive, to go to the hospital because I stole it. Randomly stealing energy can cause a whole world of problems for the people you steal it from. Do you not care what happens to them? The only acception I allow myself to have to the ethical rule is when someone attacks me. If someone attacks me out of self defense I will pull from them but that is all. Furthermore, the way you worded how you stalk people makes you seem very animalistic (not human) and very RPGish. This is not a game. This is life.

---<---(@Hex@)--->---
SangSavvy
Level 3 Contributor

Love is Always Fate's decision.

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 10:13:17 AM »

@Hexmoon3: Wait, What? 

Can you quote where DarkeGarde said anything about harming someone as he sees fit? Oo 

I'm so lost with your response here.

Edit:  Ah, I think I am a bit lost regarding the thread split.  This seems to be a sampling of quotes thread.  I apologize if this was in reference to something on another thread that I am not aware of.  I just got a bit thrown off. 
hexmoon3
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 11:20:28 AM »

SangSavvy, I was referring to sucking energy from random people you know nothing about can harm them. Some people have transplants and health problems as it is and need all of the energy they have. Darkgaurde said he randomly stalks people and takes their energy without asking. I was saying that it is dangerous for the people he is stealing from. Also if you steal from someone under a certain age then it can interfere with how their body develops. 

---<---(@Hex@)--->---
razorblade_recon
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2010, 12:56:46 AM »

The underage thing is a bit off of the beaten path, when youre leeching from people you are taking an amount that the body can cope with and replenish in a few short hours usually, age has nothing to do with it, someone on their death bed...different story. But other than that feeding off of someones internal energies can not kill them, some people forget that it isint JUST the internal energies that keep the body running and operating, the heartbeat, circulatory system, etc. And "hurting" people, no.....being stabbed or shot hurts alot more than a random person leeching a miniscule amount of my personal life force that will be replaced in an hour. And yes its usually a miniscule amount reguardless of what some may tell you, alot think that what they are taking is a huge amount that does wonders when its actually a small fix and hurts no one.
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2010, 07:34:56 AM »

Some people sparkle, but their not vampires lol.

Lol yup, got to love on strippers. ^__^ Broadway and musicals on the other hand not so much. XD There are only 3 musicals that are ok, Sweeney Todd, Chicago ((Queen Latifah's song with her outfit is hot. XD) <- yes I am that shallow Tongue) , and of course the Rocky Horror Picture Show other then that no. -___-

Oblivionburns
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2011, 11:18:33 PM »

I'm wondering when we're going to start waxing all PC.  How can ya take issue with someone saying we're "takers"?  We are.  Call it predatory, call it whatever you want.  The fact is that (as stated above) the amounts of energy stolen are small & easily replenished.  My husband knows it, and so should we all.  Then again, has anyone thought that maybe some of us suckers are out there "eating" sickness in its myriad forms?  I've come across many people who remember me long after the fact & are looking & doing & acting much better than when I first encountered them.  We can heal as well as hurt.  If one feeds on illness then what's wrong with being predatory?  Just my humble thoughts, as always.  I don't work miracles, but people have told me I've helped them just with a simple sit down & relax for a minute while I put my hands where I think you need help approach.  I feel better after, too. 

Shadow hide you, moon watch over you, night cloak you, peace keep you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: