AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:23:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  General Vampirism Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Have You Ever Been The Subject Of Discrimination As A Vampire? 0 Members and 16 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Have You Ever Been The Subject Of Discrimination As A Vampire?  (Read 95575 times)
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2009, 09:18:49 AM »

Yes that would be wonderful

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2009, 09:51:38 AM »

i was at wokr one day and my car has many Pagan bumper stickers on it, and when I came out of work someone had put a note under my windshield wiper that said "You can still be saved.  You can still find Jesus."  Honestly I died laughing and threw it away.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2009, 09:53:46 AM »

Ha! thats hilarious i would have laughed to

Meja yht mad meja.
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2009, 09:55:37 AM »

And the thing is they were serious!  I hate it when people are so ignorant.

SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2009, 09:58:51 AM »

Me too but thats life for you there are so many people like that here thats exactly why i don't tell people and the one time i did i got in many of stupid convos with this ignorant bitch at my school and religion and i would say that at an arguement stand point i would have won as far as debating goes because she got to the point were she was just like no no no i just know your wrong your goin to hell and i was just laughing.

Meja yht mad meja.
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2009, 10:00:25 AM »

Yeah, they tend to contradict themselves quite often in a religious debate.

GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2009, 10:03:16 AM »

Yeah I have 2 of those "What would..." bumper stickers on my car. One says "What Would Buddha Do" and the other says "What Would Pacman Do". I use to have one that said "WWJD- Who Wants Jack Daniels" But I digress:

My parents could never accept this part of my life. When they found out I had sex when I was 14 they put me into Christian Counseling. When they found out I was smoking cigarettes they put me into a Christian school. When I turned 18 I got a few piercings and they kicked me out of the house. I love my mom but change isn't something she could deal with. Shes already said if I ever go gay to never tell her or she'd have no son.

"20 Bucks says none of y'all dumb white people can kill me"
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2009, 10:08:11 AM »

yea they tend to do that in those types of arguements.

Meja yht mad meja.
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2009, 09:22:25 PM »

yeah I hope I don't overreact if I ever have kids

Removed
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2009, 09:24:44 PM »

Generally speaking, I think most parents tend to raise their kids exactly opposite of how their parents raised them. My mom's parents were very strict so she was very lenient with me.

I am not the darkness, I am the light;
Brilliant, blinding and infinite.
Stare in awe and know beyond doubt;
It is not the darkness you should fear.
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2009, 09:30:29 PM »

oh god......I wonder what the opposite of my parents would be? lol

paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2009, 12:04:10 AM »

Out of curiosity, why is it ok to plaster your car with bumper stickers for everyone to see, and its not ok for someone to answer you in turn with their beliefs in a fashion where only you would see it?

Pot?  Meet Kettle.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2009, 01:38:29 PM »

Yeah I have 2 of those "What would..." bumper stickers on my car. One says "What Would Buddha Do" and the other says "What Would Pacman Do". I use to have one that said "WWJD- Who Wants Jack Daniels" But I digress:

My parents could never accept this part of my life. When they found out I had sex when I was 14 they put me into Christian Counseling. When they found out I was smoking cigarettes they put me into a Christian school. When I turned 18 I got a few piercings and they kicked me out of the house. I love my mom but change isn't something she could deal with. Shes already said if I ever go gay to never tell her or she'd have no son.

hahahahahahahaha, if i ever deigned to put stickers on my car, i would love to get some of those.

Generally speaking, I think most parents tend to raise their kids exactly opposite of how their parents raised them. My mom's parents were very strict so she was very lenient with me.

i think that this is true in some cases, but not in all.  my step mom was raised very strict, like catholic school girl, father was a police officer, five children strict.  and she raised me and my sisters the same way, figuring if she went through it either a) we could too or b) by god it was her turn to get back at someone for how she was raised. my dad on the other hand was raised very leniently but if he ever got in trouble, my grandfather would give him hell--he was a high ranking official in the military and they used to travel around a lot and wouldn't stand to be embarrassed by his son running around the neighborhood with the local hooligans or wearing the latest outlandish styles. clean cut and american he was to be. :3  so, when he raised us, he tended to like to want to let us do our own thing and express ourselves--but step-mom generally got in the way of that.  result? workaholic father (just like his dad) and lunatic step-mother (just like her mom).

ive definitely encountered cases of people being raised opposite of how their parents raised them though, but for the most part while they raise them oppositely, i feel like they still tend to become like how their parents were.

i know that IF i ever have children, i'll probably raise them like how my best friend's mom raised her and her siblings, lenient but with clearly defined ground rules and an ability to have a discussion about the rules and how they felt without punishing them.  haha! break the cycle--stick it to the man!! >:O

(giggle)
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2009, 03:14:06 PM »

Out of curiosity, why is it ok to plaster your car with bumper stickers for everyone to see, and its not ok for someone to answer you in turn with their beliefs in a fashion where only you would see it?

Pot?  Meet Kettle.

Because I am merely expressing my views, they are critisizing my views by telling me I am completely wrong.  It is a bit insulting dont you think?

GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2009, 03:17:18 PM »

A friend of mine had some pagan stickers on her car and someone ripped them off her car and slapped a "WWJD" sticker on her windshield.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: