AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:49:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  General Vampirism Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Have You Ever Been The Subject Of Discrimination As A Vampire? 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Have You Ever Been The Subject Of Discrimination As A Vampire?  (Read 95557 times)
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 09:22:28 AM »

I have never been discriminated again, but I have discriminated against someone who I felt was giving me a lot of negative energy.  Not openly, I just choose to never be around her.  Though, if circumstances were different, I may have decided to talk with her and be open about everything.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, my partner has been very open and understanding with me as far as my vampirism traits go as well.  I suppose I'm lucky. Smiley
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2009, 09:29:15 AM »

There is also the mocking.  I am a witch and my name in my Coven is Merlin, and there is a boy in some of my classes that insists on calling me Merlin like it is funny and some kind of joke.  Then there are the people who found out about my Vampirism who make jokes about it constantly.  Like when I'm outside I wear a hat because I am sensitive to the sun, and when someone takes it off of me playfully they will say something like, "dont do that, he'll burn" or something similar.  People just need to grow up.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
asteria
Level 5 Contributor

In The Night We Are Free

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2009, 10:06:59 AM »

I dont go to regular school so I dont have a problem with that. My parents home school me.

The freedom of the night rejuvenates my soul and forgives my sins with its euphoria for I am a creature of the night and she will protect her children.
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2009, 12:32:21 PM »

yea..... i couldn't stand to be home school be my parents i would go crazyer than i already am.

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2009, 12:36:04 PM »

Sometimes, tho, if you make yourself easy to mock, it will happen.  If  you refuse to fit in, you wont, and people will notice.  I dont think its vampric persecution.

Im very open about who I am, and no one bats an eye.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2009, 12:37:54 PM »

I dont have a problem being open, sometimes i would prefer it but theres just too many ignorant assholes who just don't get it and i don't think they ever will.

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2009, 05:30:20 PM »

I agree, I am open about it if asked, but if it is not asked, they need not know. 

belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2009, 06:53:47 PM »

Sometimes, tho, if you make yourself easy to mock, it will happen.  If  you refuse to fit in, you wont, and people will notice.  I dont think its vampric persecution.

Im very open about who I am, and no one bats an eye.

correct me if i am wrong, but i think it's safe to say that bdsm community and people who associate with people in the bdsm community generally tend to be extremely open-minded.

though, this doesn't mean i dont fully agree with your statement--if you *feel* like there's something "other people" could mock about you, people will pick up on that and mock you.  it's almost self-defeating.
Removed
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2009, 07:42:27 PM »

if you *feel* like there's something "other people" could mock about you, people will pick up on that and mock you.  it's almost self-defeating.

Yup, that's true but some neighborhoods are worse than others.
I would never speak up about my condition here in NY. I told some of my family once and they freaked out, my father probably still thinks I'm crazy but luckily I don't give a shit what he thinks. The way I see it, if someone isn't empathetic enough to figure it out on their own then I'm not going to waste my time explaining it to them. Most pagans can see it from a mile away regardless, and most I meet in real life do.
There are people in this world who will mess with you just for the sake of messing with you, and it can get really ugly sometimes. Don't give them that power over you, your reaction and your opinion is all that really matters.
It's really easy to walk away. You just put 1 foot in front of the other.

It's nobody else's business. Beyond that, there is no reason for you to give them that much power over you.
If you are being mocked or teased, don't get mad--get even. You only get 1 shot at this. No one deserves to feel less of themselves because of the opinions of others. If I can make it out of such a thing, then anybody can. Wink

It's just perception, how you see things. A change in awareness can change everything. If you open your eyes, you'll see the only opinion that matters is yours. If you don't let it get to you then it doesn't matter. If you don't agree then walk away, there are other people much more popular than them that do not act that way. Just because they are being dramatic, doesn't mean that they are suddenly the end all of everything. They only have that power if you give it to them.

But it's best not to remain quiet. Even walking away is something, but don't just stand there. Undecided

I am not the darkness, I am the light;
Brilliant, blinding and infinite.
Stare in awe and know beyond doubt;
It is not the darkness you should fear.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2009, 07:56:43 PM »

correct me if i am wrong, but i think it's safe to say that bdsm community and people who associate with people in the bdsm community generally tend to be extremely open-minded.

though, this doesn't mean i dont fully agree with your statement--if you *feel* like there's something "other people" could mock about you, people will pick up on that and mock you.  it's almost self-defeating.

I am also a proud parent, member of a magement associeation of a large and very concervative condominium, photographer and sucessful engineer in the defense industry.  I manage all of those just fine as well.  Wink  And yes, some of them know about my alternative traits.  Its not so bad when you know how to blend in a way that dosnt conflict with what you are. 

Paindancer
asteria
Level 5 Contributor

In The Night We Are Free

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2009, 10:04:05 AM »

Do you think you have passed it on to your children.

The freedom of the night rejuvenates my soul and forgives my sins with its euphoria for I am a creature of the night and she will protect her children.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2009, 11:06:59 AM »

Well, I dont think vampirism is a biological trait, but one resultant from a spiritual condition, so my  personal belief is that it is not something that is passed down genetically.  However, my belief is also that souls work together and plan things out a bit.  When he was 3, he very calmly and matter-of-factly described his body differences compared to what he 'should' have, and they were spot on to some of my own issues (and no, I never coached him).

There is a possibility that he is a similar soul type to me doing the same thing I am.  He might have the same energy issues as well.  Currently, he dosnt seem to, and it is not up to me to determine his path for him.  If he develops them, I will be there to advise him.  Its far too easy for a parent to project what they want onto their children opposed to letting them be who they are.

Paindancer
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2009, 11:12:38 AM »

I am also a proud parent, member of a management association of a large and very conservative condominium, photographer and successful engineer in the defense industry.  I manage all of those just fine as well.  Wink  And yes, some of them know about my alternative traits.  Its not so bad when you know how to blend in a way that doesn't conflict with what you are. 

oh neato. :3 

defense industry?  remind me to pm you about that sometime.
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2009, 02:11:22 PM »

Yes but I blame myself. I was new to what I was doing and was seeking acceptance and so I went to the goth, punk, metal, whatever subculture trying to find others like me and I was, how would you say, too open with them and they belittled me for it. That would be why I've kept closed about this for the last few years. But no better time than the present to awaken.

"20 Bucks says none of y'all dumb white people can kill me"
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2009, 02:15:41 PM »

Yes, you have to be careful who you're open to.  Even though I am very open to people, some people I dont lie, but I tell them in a way that does not actually tell them.  It is mostly people of other minorities that will relate and not judge, such as pagans, and maybe some racial minorities, and even some Christians who really dont care.  You just should get to know the people first before revealing.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: