AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:24:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  General Vampirism Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Have You Ever Been The Subject Of Discrimination As A Vampire? 0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Have You Ever Been The Subject Of Discrimination As A Vampire?  (Read 95576 times)
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2009, 03:20:01 PM »

Thats just horrible!  And my window was broken and wouldnt go up and someone put christian magazines and more notes on my car.  Sad

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2009, 03:22:56 PM »

crazy people in this world

"20 Bucks says none of y'all dumb white people can kill me"
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2009, 03:23:41 PM »

And the thing is they were serious!  I hate it when people are so ignorant.

Out of curiosity, why is it ok to plaster your car with bumper stickers for everyone to see, and its not ok for someone to answer you in turn with their beliefs in a fashion where only you would see it?

Pot?  Meet Kettle.

Because I am merely expressing my views, they are critisizing my views by telling me I am completely wrong.  It is a bit insulting dont you think?

no, they were just expressing their view that you're wrong.
you exercised your right to say that you think that they're wrong by putting those stickers on your car.  

(shrug)

it doesn't make what they did right, but it does mean that you don't have moral piety on this one.

A friend of mine had some pagan stickers on her car and someone ripped them off her car and slapped a "WWJD" sticker on her windshield.

now this, i could get upset at.  they actually defaced this person's car.  that's uncalled for.  just leaving a polite little note on your windshield is nothin'.

Thats just horrible!  And my window was broken and wouldnt go up and someone put christian magazines and more notes on my car.  Sad

may as well get used to that in our society. (shrug)  so long as they aren't doing damage to you, just be polite and throw them out when you get home or something.  in general people already think pagans are devil-worshippers and all that. (shrug) why present a hateful angry face to them and further that view?
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2009, 07:26:58 PM »

I use to be the one who would pass out church fliers. Went door to door talking about god, looking for people who were obviously not christian so that I could convert them and look good in front of good and my church peers. God what was wrong with me?

belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2009, 07:31:38 PM »

I use to be the one who would pass out church fliers. Went door to door talking about god, looking for people who were obviously not christian so that I could convert them and look good in front of good and my church peers. God what was wrong with me?

you were only doing what you thought was right at the time. (shrug) not a big deal.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2009, 08:11:37 PM »

Well said beloved.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2009, 08:16:48 PM »

But now I know just how egotistical i was then. I looked down on people who weren't Christians. I knew I was better than them and that I needed to fix them.

belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2009, 08:41:04 PM »

But now I know just how egotistical i was then. I looked down on people who weren't Christians. I knew I was better than them and that I needed to fix them.

it's in the past. hakuna matata.  learn from it and grow. Smiley

Well said beloved.

why thank you. Smiley
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2009, 09:01:44 PM »

I try

Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2009, 08:55:55 AM »

My point is, if they have Christian bumper stickers on their car, which many people do, I would never disrespect them for having them on their car, and I would never tell them they were wrong.  Whatever you believe is real for you, but when they do that to me I am very insulted. 

GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2009, 11:03:55 AM »

It's life. Respect and consideration is seriously lacking in this world

paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2009, 11:16:19 AM »

I have found, the perception of having moral high ground is a good indicator you are in the gutter.

Hell, people put club flyers all over all over on peoples cars when you go to Hollywood.  Should I feel offended?  Geez, I think I got a flyer from El Polo Local too... damn them for invading my privacy with taunts of their chickeny goodness!

Instead of letting these things anger me, or assume I have moral high ground, I welcome discussion.  I listen, and then present my own stance.  I have nothing to fear from these people, and I bear them no animosity.  My words are more likely to be heard, and minds are open.

There was a reason, the Church of Christ banned their members from talking to me on campus.  Wink

Look at it this way:  There are times for armor and blades.  There are others which call for an embrace and a scalpel.

Paindancer
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2009, 11:20:21 AM »

and when someone puts a WWJD sticker on your windshield where exactly is the discussion? I'm all for having discussions about religion, I love to actually. But when the people are being dicks then how do i embrace them when they are too cowardly to be around?

paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2009, 10:08:05 AM »

I think putting a bumpersticker on a window would indicate there was no intent to share views, only to anger.  In reality, that act would be more of a dessicration of the christian faith than anything I could do to it.  No need to talk to that person, they already lost.

That and I would give them a bumpersticker with WWPDD on it.  (what would paindancer do?)

Paindancer
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2009, 09:40:35 AM »

It is all in the intent, I dont put bumper stickers on my car to bash anyone, they do not bash anyone.  One has pentagrams on it, the other says "Harm none, do what ye will." and the other is "In Perfect Love and Perfect Trust".  How is that in any way angering?  Then when someone puts things on MY car, saying you're wrong and are going to burn for all eternity in a horrible place, that's.......just not cool!  (said for lack of better words).  I would have no problem with someone putting Christian bumper stickers on their car, It doesnt offend me in any way.  I just dont like it when they bash me on MY car.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: