AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:40:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  General Vampirism Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Have You Ever Been The Subject Of Discrimination As A Vampire? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print
Author Topic: Have You Ever Been The Subject Of Discrimination As A Vampire?  (Read 95583 times)
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2009, 10:59:38 AM »

It is all in the intent, I dont put bumper stickers on my car to bash anyone, they do not bash anyone.  One has pentagrams on it, the other says "Harm none, do what ye will." and the other is "In Perfect Love and Perfect Trust".  How is that in any way angering?  Then when someone puts things on MY car, saying you're wrong and are going to burn for all eternity in a horrible place, that's.......just not cool!  (said for lack of better words).  I would have no problem with someone putting Christian bumper stickers on their car, It doesnt offend me in any way.  I just dont like it when they bash me on MY car.

i think you're letting your anger from it get in the way of just accepting that it happened and moving on.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2009, 12:20:33 PM »

Ah, but when you come from a very polarized form of thinking, some might take offense to your bumper stickers.  They may view it as defiance, they may find it a threat to their children whom they want no exposure to this.  You absolutely have a right to put it on your car.. it is called free speech.  They are exercising their right as well, and doing it on a personal level, as they believe that you are destined for suffering and do not want that for you.  Even if you do not agree with it, their motivation is honorable.

You seem to bear the same polarized stance that you criticize.  Sure you are on the other side of the fence, but when it comes to any religion or spiritual practice, it is unlikely you can offer any substantial proof to your belief.  Yet you mock them for their own belief and ridicule them for believing it.  You complain when these actions are done to you, but do it yourself?  I see flaws in your logic.

Oddly enough, neither paganism nor Christianity advocates judging others, yet both fall into it so easily.  Irony.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2009, 11:02:54 PM »

You must know that the reason why we decorate our cars and bikes with all this nonessential junk is because we want to show others that our beliefs are better than theirs or that we ridicule their beliefs. I know that you are just trying to say that the stuff you put on your car is an expression of yourself but by expressing your beliefs you are putting down other beliefs. And that is what others see. I know i know, crazy but the truth nonetheless.

"20 Bucks says none of y'all dumb white people can kill me"
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2009, 07:12:58 PM »

Hmmm....

I dont know.. perhaps a statement of belief is just that.. or a way to show community, like the rainbow bumper stickers for example.

Personally, I cant speak with any authority.  I dont put bumper stickers on my car or bike.  I do have an Arrogant Bastard sitcker on my skate board (isnt that appropriate) and a BRC sticker (Black Rock City).

Who knows what that is?  Smiley

Paindancer
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2009, 08:59:54 PM »

I know a guy who tattooed the Arrogant Bastard Ale Demon on his neck. That's about it

paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2009, 12:53:59 AM »

ahem.. gargoyle

I live about 40 miles from the brewery.  Heaven!

Cali is so PC.  Even the stinking rose (a resturaunt where garlic is king) has a special menu for vampires, garlic free.

Paindancer
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2009, 12:58:40 PM »

sorry sorry gargoyle

razorblade_recon
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2010, 04:21:55 AM »

No because Im not  Sang or A Psy, yes decrimination as a vampire, by whom you ask? funny enough others claiming to be Vampires. Would I change it....no. Why? Because I am methodical and always on my toes, I took what they spouted out as truths, and then informationally shot holes in their bucket leaving them no water.
nttf
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2010, 01:57:02 PM »

I don't trust others a lot so I've only told two close friends who I thought would understand. They took it fine, but one of them is starting to talk to me less even though he said he didn't care. Maybe he really is busy or maybe he's just freaked out by me.

I could never tell my family. They don't even think that vampires exist. They are so narrow minded that it's frustrating sometimes. But i have to deal with it like everything else in life. Even if i did tell them they would think that i am crazy and curse me out or what ever ignorant black people do when they can't except the Truth.
( No need to get appalled. I'm black too. It's just that some other black people make the ones who have sense look bad. But i still love them.)

~*sselnoitome:isaValk*~
vitchy
Level 4 Contributor

Hello

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2010, 12:31:34 AM »

Dont think it  matters what you are or claim to be. If its aside from the norm you are chastised for just being.  I go through it everyday.  I love scaring people any way.  Its fun!!!!!!!!!!!!  Fear the unknown!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*look at the world thru pure light*
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2010, 10:50:18 AM »

your right it doesnt matter what you are as long as your different, and yea it is pretty funn scaring people.  Grin

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
nttf
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2010, 04:35:55 PM »

I have to admit scaring people and seeing their reactions is hilarious. Cheesy

~*sselnoitome:isaValk*~
vitchy
Level 4 Contributor

Hello

« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2010, 08:40:47 PM »

The public is stuck in a norm so showing them something unusual makes their heart skip a beat in fear and maybe some wake up the feelings that they have been holding inside too scared that they will be judged by others.  But like I care.  They look tramatised!!!!  Hehe

*look at the world thru pure light*
kitty27
Level 2 Contributor

Aspiring Writer Back On My Game

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2010, 08:53:12 AM »

I am not a vampire but I have faced discrimination for being a friend/supporter of the community.

People stare and ask rude questions. I don't see what the problem is. My friends are my friends and I wouldn't desert them because of fear of what others think.

I am completely crazy.
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »

Well with the things are today it doesn't matter if you are something or not as long as your associated with anything that they don't understand your still going to get criticized.

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: