AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 12:13:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  General Vampirism Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Do You Think You'd Be Treated The Same If Other People Around You Knew? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Do You Think You'd Be Treated The Same If Other People Around You Knew?  (Read 4983 times)
Kim
Level 3 Contributor

« on: January 23, 2011, 09:07:33 PM »

I was thinking while doing laundry with my boyfriend and we ran into a coworker and her kids and we got to talking and I started thinking; kind of a random thought. Would our coworker treat us the same if she knew? My boyfriend has told a few of his friends and some people he went to school with and most of them have accepted it and everything. But I was just thinking how we'd be treated if lots of people knew, how would our coworkers treat us? How would our families treat us? I've noticed that I've been thinking about it a lot, how would we be treated if people knew?
Anyways, anyone else ever have these thoughts or wonder about that kind of stuff? Or has anyone told everyone in their lives and if so, what were most of the reactions?

Only in death can we be together forever
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:24:09 AM »

I've actually been in that situation recently were alot of people at my school knew. It deffinantly  affected the way they treated me which wasn't that bad of thing for me considering it kept people that I didn't like away from me. Even so, the misconceptions and Falletic bullshit that comes with it is hardly woth it.

I have only a few people that actually acept and understand, but I guess that's better than nothing.

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
ShadowMatt
Level 2 Contributor

Striga Custos

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 11:04:39 AM »

A few of my friends know. It depends really on how well I know them. My closest friends didnt really seem to care (some are kin and vamp too), but the one or 2 people who I dont know as well have sort of....drifted away.

And so In life, we reflect In death.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:52:53 PM »

It depends on how you present it and how functional you are.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
Hellflame
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 09:04:30 AM »

I told my girlfriend that I was a lycan when we had been going out for about 7 months. She freaked, but kept asking questions, It was kinda funny, and kinda annoying. But me and her love each other so yeah we're still together now. 11 months january 28

Don't beg for things, Do it yourself, or you won't get anything.

Wolves are like flames. Dangerous but beautiful.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: