AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:34:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  General Vampirism Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  01.24.11 - A Sang Only Community? Screw That - RKCoon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 01.24.11 - A Sang Only Community? Screw That - RKCoon  (Read 6319 times)
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« on: January 24, 2011, 09:03:54 PM »

http://rkcoon.xanga.com/739756368/a-sang-only-community-screw-that/

A Sang Only Community? Screw That
RKCoon - January 24, 2011

There has been a lot of intense drama as of late regarding the fabled old  "sang vs psi wars". Or is it War singular? Anyway. Problem is, ever since MB and her playmates ripped off the pseudo-ancient White Wolf RPG, we have had an unending amount of individuals bicker back and forth regarding these two supposed 'sides' of vampirism - the sang side, people who feel the need to drink blood, and the psi side, people who claim to feel the need to feed of 'energy'. Welp, slight problem here kids - As much on faith as we take the notion that we "need to feed", one can say, at the very least, that with sang, there IS in fact a proven transfer of matter which contains chemical energy into the body. Beyond that, again simple fact is, weather its a spiritual, mental, or physical need, no one has proved jack either way. With energy, unfortunately for ALL psis - and even supposed hybrids - no one can prove jack. In fact, the leader of the psis, as it were, the grand queen pooba angelic Michelle Belanger, even went so far as to attempt to use science to prove her need and her abilities - which, of course, fell flat on its face, on EVERY attempt she and hers have made to prove that it is not simply 'all in their heads' - which, for fairness sake, I will also grant, it could just as easily be in all the sangs heads as well.

However, being bent out of shape by the majority of the population giving within the OVC guffawing the idea of psionics, the energy kids decided to go make their own little play groups, ranging from MB's cult, er, coven, er, house, er, WTF ever its being called today, to all the spinoffs and such scattered across the interwebs. This was all fine and dandy, as it allowed the sangs to play more or less unmolested by energy weavers.  Well, this has gone on a decade now, and it seems the psis want more of the pie, as it were. Maybe they were emboldened by Twilight, I dont know. What I do know is, people like SW among others have in the last few months really cranked up the drama.  Funny thing is, for a sang, two aspects come into play, especially as they get older - the need for a donor - which requires consent, at least, if your not a leech, parasite, or just an ignorant little dick who feels the world owes you a living - and, for most of them, the even more paramount need to hold a job, a career, something which becomes quickly impossible should one get outed. The psis, on the other hand, seem to only go to a rave or piss off as many people as they can online in order to 'feed' - while not having to actually engage in a physical act that requires them to expose themselves to others directly.  Funny, why sangs might have a problem then with the psis - and yes even a few idiot sangs - wanting to be public knowledge and accepted by society as a whole. Well, to do so, while they deny doing so, their acts paint vampirism as a, get this, RELIGION.Indeed, clowns like the UVUP and only to a slightly lesser extent, MB's house do this to great deal - rituals, ceremonies and so on. 

And, lets be painfully blunt here, vampirism shares a LOT more with religion than most like to admit to - we take on faith that we feel what we identify as hunger, and with the psis in particular, faith that dancing around the maypole actually DOES anything. Now, again, at least with sangs, there is still the direct consumption of matter, which COULD possibly have an as yet unknown component within it - however, right now, as science and technology stand, there is NOTHING, repeat, NOTHING to suggest there is ANYTHING transpiring past 'a simple act of faith' in regards to any form of energy feeding.  Its no different than saying  "X god exists" no one can prove it, and all evidence to date suggests it to be dis-proven.  It MAY one day change - then again, we ALSO MAY suddenly have fairies flying around one day too. Not 100% impossible, but so far into the realm of improbability as to essentially be so.

Now. Fast forward to just recently. It seems a certain sang - one I have had MANY issues with in the past, one that has gone out of her way to try and play games with me and a number of others - has decided that 'enough is enough' and to make a 'sang only community' on Yuku, what the old ezboard (AKA ezwhore) message board system morphed into.  Which, by itself, ok, yea, not the first one, not the last one either. But, when you factor in who it is that is running it - someone who is still on public record as supporting one of her own that was advocating the WORST possible acts for any vamp to do - rape and force feeding - and couple it up with the simple fact that, well, shes not the best individual for the job by ANY means, and what one will culminate in is NOTHING more yet another little drama clique run by a drama queen who is JUST AS BAD AS THE PSIS SHE WOULD EXCLUDE.  Ironic, no?

But all of this? Its a waste of time anyway. In all honesty, the absolute BEST thing I have seen going for the community is the FB group Vampire Community News. Why? The admin, Merticus, tries very hard to keep 'mod hands off', and let things go where they may. THAT is what the community needs right now, more than any of these private lameass lil cliques where kids cuddle together to bitch about other kids. Bullshit. The best way for the drama to end is for EVERYONE to be able to have their say, where NO ONE can sweep it under the rug. Thats key.  If people have to stop and realize that, Oh shit, someone might chew my ass if I say something stupid, they WILL ACTUALLY THINK ABOUT IT.  No clique shit, no suckholing (pun intended) to please egos, just straight up letting thoughts out and if they work, great, if they dont work, o well, splatterball.

And that, kids, is what this community needs most of all.  A place where people can not only speak thier minds - but counter other thoughts as well. Someplace where the good stuff works its way out, and the bad stuff gets hammered to oblivion.  Its MUCH better to get EVERYONE together in one place, and just let them hash it out. Eventually, the crap will get so badly exposed and hammered to smithereens that those that spout it will realize, well fuck, wasnt that stupid?

Automotive Necromancer
ShadowMatt
Level 2 Contributor

Striga Custos

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:28:31 PM »

This was very well written, and I enjoyed reading it.

Ive felt much of the same regarding this. Alot of this bull is starting to become power games and politics, with everyone trying thier hardest to prove that theyre right and everyone who thinks different is wrong, in my opinion. To be honest, sanguinarius was more of a help then alot of the different communities ive been to online, in terms of just pure support. The problem the way I see it though, is that it has become more like a battle between an immovable object, and an unstopable force. Like atoms colliding. Eventually, someone will do something even more stupid that will affect us all. Thats why I try to take a hands-off approach to it all. Ill discuss and research certain things, but Ill never go so far as to try to prove our validity. Others' opinions should not matter. Public opinion and recognition can kiss my non-sparkling ass for all I care.

Not to sound overly we-need-a-school-like, but we should all strive to make ourselves as best we can, and to help others, including new vamps, to understand what they are and get through life with a little less confusion. X knows we have enough already.

(My opinion, hope you dont mind)

And so In life, we reflect In death.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 09:38:47 PM »

Not at all, I want to hear opinions on it. Wink

Automotive Necromancer
Oblivionburns
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 04:37:46 PM »

I couldn't agree more, RK, that those who insist on outing everyone involved in the VC will most certainly lead to ruin.  I think secrecy has been part & parcel of the lives we lead & I certainly don't think all of us want the world at large to accept our personal habits.  That said, it seems to fascinate the public when someone like Michelle Belanger allows themself to be prodded & poked at like a bug impaled on a pin.  To paraphrase a NIN song, they proceed to make fun of it, discredit it, pick away at it all just to watch it go down.  And the public doesn't want to admit that a willing scapegoat is an attractive scapegoat, any more than the religious want to admit they secretly love arguing with atheists. 

Indeed, let the games begin.  When everyone on the boards is subject to scrutiny & analysis they'll have to think very carefully about what they say, because once it's posted there's no going back.  When people say things like, "Who cares what somebody posted on the internet?" I would reply that it seems these days EVERYONE cares.  People have been put to death because of what they think or say in the past, & character crucifixions are going on to this day.

Let's put 'em all up & let the chips fall where they may... after all, it's only a war of words... right?  *snicker*

Shadow hide you, moon watch over you, night cloak you, peace keep you.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 07:06:03 PM »

There is one other thing I want to clarify too - It is not just the individual behind the particular site that bothers me (she does, immensely) - its the base notion behind it that annoys me. The community, really, is divided enough as it is. Doing this serves only to create more drama and further split the community. Really, we NEED places like the VCN where ALL persons can speak their minds, where ALL sides can be analyzed fully. Making all these hidden, secretive, clique-ish groups only serves to MAKE drama - which, while it is NORMAL for this particular person, it would not matter who tried to makes such a group or chat or board, the same result would occur.

Automotive Necromancer
Oblivionburns
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 12:01:48 AM »

That's true, RK.  Are we really going to reduce ourselves to the level of "Underworld" with one group representing the lycans & one group representing the vamps?  That's what it amounts to, in my opinion.  The "real vampires" are now supposed to be elite over the wanna-be's?  I don't buy it.  And no one is taking into consideration the views of our donors, without whose good graces we'd be hard pressed to enjoy life!

Shadow hide you, moon watch over you, night cloak you, peace keep you.
Hellflame
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 09:29:06 AM »

I'm not a vampire so I can't say much about that, but Rk your right about how we need to think about what we post online. And as for outing the secret of what we are, I think that we should do it, but not like what you said that one girl is trying to do, but I mean slowly like show what we are, what we do.

And Oblivionbarns, your right to, we shouldn't turn this into an "Underworld" level. That would probably turn into a battle after a while just like how the Lycans rebelled in the last prequal. And for the Sangs, your right without the donors your life would be hell.

As a Lycan though I have to say it would honestly be intresting to see who would win between the Sangs, and the Psis. (Just saying.)

Don't beg for things, Do it yourself, or you won't get anything.

Wolves are like flames. Dangerous but beautiful.
ShadowMatt
Level 2 Contributor

Striga Custos

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 09:40:01 AM »

As a Lycan though I have to say it would honestly be intresting to see who would win between the Sangs, and the Psis. (Just saying.)

No one. We would all lose, in the end.

And so In life, we reflect In death.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: