AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 03:02:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  General Vampirism Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Unaffected By Temperature Or Environment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Unaffected By Temperature Or Environment?  (Read 14998 times)
S
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 12:56:58 PM »

lol i didnt phrase myself right....my body temperature raises with the cycling..its something that people around me like to take advantage of when its cold....not that i dont mind cuddling =p
hm...out of curiosity, you have a good metabolism?
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 01:03:59 PM »

i got an iron stomach if thats what you mean....my metabolism isnt anything special....i process anything that goes down my gullet and extract nutrients in a reasonable timeframe...

why you ask?

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
asteria
Level 5 Contributor

In The Night We Are Free

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 11:23:54 AM »

My bf is like you he is a human heater

The freedom of the night rejuvenates my soul and forgives my sins with its euphoria for I am a creature of the night and she will protect her children.
Adirael
Level 2 Contributor

Traversing the path of sapphire stones.

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 02:08:24 PM »

I don't know of an ineffectual correlation, rather during (and in a residual function) focused bio energy movement within oneself there are frequent shifts in feeling of hot or cold in various portions of the body.  Now from person to person taking in and reflecting charges and so forth, I can only imagine an amplification of these sensations.

Who is more noble, the Magician or the Fool?
The question becomes complicated only when the two are viewed as separate...
Self being the tri-unifying concept.
daisyrocket
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 04:54:29 AM »

My bare feet are on the cold linoleum floor. I notice they feel like ice; they are quite cold. My hands also get extremely cold around this time of year. I live in northern Illinois by the way. It's probably 50 something degrees. I notice it when I think about it, but it does not trouble me in the least. I must say heat, on the other hand, makes me feel rather good. I enjoy the high 90s. It makes me feel cozy. I forget how I do in the winter. I normally don't venture outside when I don't have to when the snow comes around. Contrary to getting cold, sometimes I will get a rush of warmth. It is very hot, but like I said, I enjoy heat.

You've sated your appretite and mated with the midnight sky. How beautiful it is in your own shadow.
childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 10:47:55 PM »

I don't tolerate temperature extremes whether it's extreme heat or extreme cold, although I tend to tolerate cold better. My thinking is, you can always put more clothes on to keep warm, but you can only remove so much clothing in the heat before you're down to skin and sweat.
As a child I had incredible tolerance for cold. My grandparents would get really upset with me for wearing a T shirt in the snow. After spending 15 years in the Florida winter, though, I can't tolerate the cold like I used to. In the last 10 years is when arthritis began to set in, and I became aware of my vampirism. I've noticed that the bouts of arthritis come on rather slowly when I am getting low on energy, and becomes extremely painful to the point of not being able to walk if I let it go for too long. If I have too much energy I get migraines.

It seems in the month I've been living in New Mexico, with the higher elevation and colder temperatures, I'm rebounding from Florida living quite quickly. I'm wearing pants (it's 42 degrees out!) but they're thin cotton, I'm barefoot, and in a T shirt again. And the heat isn't even running. Although I'm thinking about putting on some socks.

After a long and painful absence, I am finding my way once more back to the arms of Goddess.
daisyrocket
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 11:11:11 AM »

Seems as though my body just needed a week or two of adjusting to the cold. I haven't noticed the cold affecting me much.

You've sated your appretite and mated with the midnight sky. How beautiful it is in your own shadow.
moonlitanna
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 02:48:57 PM »

I can tolerate a chill or warm up better than people around me but I am extremely affected by temperature extremes. If it goes from one to the other i notice and it usually makes me uncomfortable.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: